Beetight is a trading name of Matthew Kane.
Beetight may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15th February 2010. All references to Beetight should be taken to include any future owners of Beetight.
What this policy covers
- This policy covers your use of the Beetight web site located at http://www.beetight.com/
- This policy covers any personal or identifying information provided by you, or which is collected by us during your use of the Beetight web site.
What we collectWe may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Details of hives, apiaries, inspections and any other records added by you.
- Any information provided by you including but not limited to details entered on your user profile.
- Information related to your use of the site automatically gathered by our servers, including IP addresses and cookies.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Identification and authentication.
- Customisation of Beetight.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may very occasionally use your email address to send you important information about your account.
- According to your email preferences, we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only do this if you have granted permission.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies and IP addresses
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
IP addresses are automatically reported by your browser when you visit any web site. We may use this information to diagnose problems with our site, or to deliver geographically targeted content.
We use traffic log cookies and IP address records to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may alter or delete the details recorded on yoru profile. This will remove any outdated information from our system.
- Your account information is password-protected. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of this password. We do not store your password on our system, except in a hashed form.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We will not sell or lease your personal information for any marketing purposes.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please edit it on your profile, or contact us via the web form as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.